We sat down with the delightful Sarah White, author of Halayda, but Josh couldn’t join us. So it was up to Liberty to rein in Aaron! Or does he have to rein her in? Hmmm…
Sarah Delena White writes epic fantasy, steampunk, and reworkings of mythology with complex characters, rich world-building, and a fine balance of poetry and snark. When she’s not writing or editing, she can be found making jewelry, singing Irish ballads, drinking tea, and working a variety of odd jobs. She occasionally remembers to eat and sleep, because those things are apparently important. She can be bribed with dark chocolate. Halayda is her debut novel.
In Episode 65:
- Sarah keeps very busy!
- Halayda‘s unique blend of subgenres and unique beginnings
- Yes, this is a kissing book!
- Sarah’s research into Scottish & Irish faeries
- More questionable search histories!
- Aaron’s rabbit trail about the difference between the Russian space program and NASA
- Liberty’s rabbit trail about Apollo 13
- Short word counts vs. long word counts!
In Episode 66:
- Normally, we have rabbit trails. But this week, we have rabbit AND chicken trails! (That sounds worse than it is…)
- Plotting v pantsing … and having a point she’s working toward
- Deleted/bonus scenes!
- Sarah’s use of a certain social media platform in her research
- The necessity of the right brand of Earl Grey tea.
- Twitter Hashtag Games!
- Irish folklore & ARROW
- Sarah Delena White
- Uncommon Universes Press
- HL Burke
- Starflower by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
- Lost Moon by James Lovell