Our guest this week was the Most Interesting Accountant in the World! He also goes by Chris Morris. Chris is a CPA who caters to artists and authors, using easy to understand terms.
In Episode 53:
- Laughter immediately ensues when we get into a discussion about colors.
- Authors and other artists all need help with accounting and tax services. Chris’ goal is to build his business to serve the author-entrepreneur community.
- Discussion on the special challenges that authors face.
- Rabbit trails on the most expensive pens!
- How to determine if expenses are business-related.
- How to treat your writing like a business.
- ID 10T errors
- Deductions that people miss
- Crazy things people have asked if they can deduct.
- Ben Wolf’s marketing practices (Ep. 10 & Ep. 11)
- We get into a lot of the nitty-gritty of setting up businesses and funding your business when you’re not making money yet.
- Should you hire a bookkeeper?
- Google & Taxes are not a good combination. 😉
- Oh $@!*# I’m Making Money, Now What?
Chris’s book (as above)
Cam Scanner app
Lindsay Franklin & Wombatman
Leave a Reply