This week we have with us Lauren Brandenburg, author of Orlo the Created! This sounds like an awesome middle grade steampunk book series, and we can’t wait to get it to share with our kids…yeah, that’s the reason. 😉
In Episode 57:
- We talk about the earlier books in the series, focusing on Boone.
- How much does Lauren love world-building?
- CS Lewis quotes!
- Having favorite characters.
- Lauren, Aaron, and Josh’s aversion to coffee
- Lauren’s mad ninja skills
- What Lauren avoided talking about in Orlo.
- Aaron’s obsession with finding a Doctor Strange figurine.
- What Muppet is most like Lauren? And her main character?
- What’s up for Lauren next?
- Liberty’s got some technical issues (what else is new?)
Episode 58 (Be Excited!):
- Some of the cool features of Scrivener!
- Liberty continues having technical issues…
- Lauren’s self-editing process & her editor — and incorporating her editing into her homeschooling.
- Writer’s block and a funny story
- How writing “Orlo” changed Lauren
- Lauren’s unique approach to marketing (which probably not for everyone because of her market)
- Lauren’s love of Harry Potter, and her recommendations for how a kid should read the books.
- Awesome rabbit trails!
Orlo the Created
Suzanne Collins (Overlander)
Tarzan of the Apes (Edgar Rice Burroughs)
Leave a Reply