After a way-too-long hiatus from publishing, we’re finally getting back into the swing of things! On this episode of the show, recorded WAAAAAY back in the spring (we won’t bring up Liberty’s scheduling/production issues), we have with us the one and only Avily Jerome. We know Avily from the Realm Maker’s conference, where she sometimes body-doubles President Donald Trump. But she’s also an amazingly talented author who wrote The Heir. As you’ll find out, Avily likes to laugh as much as we do, and her snarky brand of humor was a great fit with your hosts’ funny bones.
In Episode 63:
- Avily’s book, The Heir, and her serial The Amulet Saga.
- Avily’s favorite character, and that character’s role.
- Josh’s TBR list grows to over 2,000.
- How people in Avily’s life have responded to her art.
- Christians don’t have to write strictly Christian characters.
- Changing settings and how they change the story.
- Avily’s favorite scenes in books.
In Episode 64:
- Plotting or pantsing…and how her research affects this.
- Steve Irwin…Mermaid Hunter…
- Crazy NaNo+ word counts
- Avily and her organizational methods
- My Evil Mermaid
- How Avily deals with writer’s block
- Dealing with people who don’t like what you write.
- Develop a thick skin.
- Darkside Cookies
As discussed in the show:
- Avily Jerome
- The Heir
- The Defector
- Splickety Publishing
- The Boy and His Horse (C.S. Lewis)
- The Myth Adventures (Robert Asprin)
- The Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan)
- J.K. Rowling
- Lindsay Franklin
- S.D. Grimm